January 11, 2010

Cherry Bomb!

I'm working on this cute top today, and not to toot my own horn, but it is fantastic! It's sweet, sexy, and totally retro-inspired. I've had this fabric on my shelf for over 4 years now. I bought it in Montreal when I was a student and for some bizarre reason wouldn't touch it, like I was saving it for the best sewing I was ever going to acheive. How ridiculous! Today I made this pattern and snipped two shirts out of it (unfortunately the fabric is all gone now). I love this top. It reminds me of those shapely bathing suits from the 1950's. I really enjoyed making a new pattern too and think I'll use this design in other fabrics.
I can't wait to photograph it on a real person!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

toot toot - go ahead - that's a fantastic little top! :)